Missing virtual provides on postgresql-9.4 deb

От James Laska
Тема Missing virtual provides on postgresql-9.4 deb
Дата
Re: Missing virtual provides on postgresql-9.4 deb  (Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net>)
Список pgsql-pkg-debian
Greetings,

While installing postgresql-9.4, I noticed that the deb does not offer a `Provides: postgresql`.  I believe the convention for the comparable rpm builds is to offer a virtual provides so that any packages requiring the `postgresql` server capability continue to function after installing postgresql-9.4, but removing the Ubuntu-packaged `postgresql` package.

It seems this convention was followed for the postgresql-client-9.4 as it offers the following virtual Provides:

Provides: postgresql-client

Any reason not to add the following virtual provides to the `control` file for the postgresql-9.4 deb package?

Provides: postgresql

Thanks,
James