Re: Query crash with 15.5 on debian bookworm/armv8

От Clemens Eisserer
Тема Re: Query crash with 15.5 on debian bookworm/armv8
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi Tom,

> FWIW, since this crash is inside LLVM you could presumably dodge the bug
> by setting "jit" to off.

Thanks, this indeed solved the crash.
Just to make sure this crash doesn't have anything to do with my
setup/config (I'd changed quite a few settings in postgresql.conf),
I gave it a try on a fresh bookworm install and it also crashed immeditaly.

> As for an actual fix, perhaps a newer version of LLVM is needed?
> I don't see a problem testing this query on my RPI with Ubuntu 23.10
> (LLVM 16).

I also gave Ubuntu 23.10 a try (15.4 built with llvm-15) and it worked
as expected, explain analyze even mentioned the JIT was active.

I've filed a debian bug report with a link to this discussion and a
plea to build postgresql against llvm >= 15:

To be honest I don't know why llvm-14 was chosen, as 15 is also
available in bookworm.

Thanks & best regards, Clemens