Re: Why is wal_writer_delay limited to 10s?

От Clemens Eisserer
Тема Re: Why is wal_writer_delay limited to 10s?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi,

Is there any technical reason why wal_writer_delay is limited to 10s?

I am using postgresql in an embedded system and writing every 10s
burns flash at an amazing rate (a 32GB SDHC card with ext4 survived 4 days with
only a few GB written).
I've now switched to nilfs2 which is way more friendly to weak
controllers (as it only writes sequentially and has no "hot spots"
like the ext4' journal), but I am still not confident it will survive
long ;)

Something like wal_writer_delay=600s would be ideal, I can afford to
loose a 10min of data, but can't afford to get a corrupted database
after power loss.

Thank you in advance, Clemens