Re: Initdb fails on openwrt in "creating template1 database"

От Clemens Eisserer
Тема Re: Initdb fails on openwrt in "creating template1 database"
Дата
Re: Initdb fails on openwrt in "creating template1 database"
Re: Initdb fails on openwrt in "creating template1 database"
Список pgsql-general
Hi,

>> There are about 800mb free space on /, any idea what could be the problem here?
>
> Could you be running out of file system nodes?

Don't think so - its a standard ext4 filesystem on a flush drive,
nothing special.
Also I've added about 128mb of swap space, so that shouldn't be an issue.

Just tried the same with a 2GB usb drive and got the same result :/

postgres@OpenWrt:~$ LC_COLLATE="C" initdb --pwprompt -D /var/postgres/data/
The files belonging to this database system will be owned by user "postgres".

The database cluster will be initialized with locale C.
The default database encoding has accordingly been set to SQL_ASCII.
The default text search configuration will be set to "english".

fixing permissions on existing directory /var/postgres/data ... ok
creating subdirectories ... ok
selecting default max_connections ... 100
selecting default shared_buffers ... 12MB
creating configuration files ... ok
creating template1 database in /var/postgres/data/base/1 ... FATAL:
could not write to file "pg_xlog/xlogtemp.1385": No space left on
device
child process exited with exit code 1
initdb: removing contents of data directory "/var/postgres/data"

Any idea what could be wrong here?

Thanks, Clemems