Re: Index for range queries on JSON (user defined fields)

От Marco Colli
Тема Re: Index for range queries on JSON (user defined fields)
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Thanks for the suggestion: I had already considered that solution (first link), but the fear is having to JOIN large tables with hundreds of millions of records.

For my understanding **using JOIN when dealing with big data is bad and a nightmare for performance**: can you confirm? Or am I missing something?

That tables would be frequently read and updated and are the core of the application: that also means that every update on a user would produce **many dead rows** - not just 1 user row, as in the case of JSON, but many rows in the user metadata table.