Re: BUG #15293: Stored Procedure Triggered by Logical Replication is Unable to use Notification Events

От Artur Zakirov
Тема Re: BUG #15293: Stored Procedure Triggered by Logical Replication is Unable to use Notification Events
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Sep 15, 2021 at 2:57 AM Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> Hearing no comments, I pushed that.

Thank you!

> > I'm inclined to think we should flat-out reject LISTEN in any process
> > that is not attached to a frontend, at least until somebody takes the
> > trouble to add infrastructure that would let it be useful.  I've not
> > done that here though; I'm not quite sure what we should test for.
>
> After a bit of looking around, it seems that MyBackendType addresses
> that problem nicely, so I propose the attached.

Indeed, it seems only regular backends can send out notifies to
frontends. In that case there is no point in supporting LISTEN to
other processes. I guess a background worker can try it with SPI, but
with no luck.
+1 from my sight.

--
Artur