Re: : PG9.0 - Checkpoint tuning and pg_stat_bgwriter

От Venkat Balaji
Тема Re: : PG9.0 - Checkpoint tuning and pg_stat_bgwriter
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Thanks Heikki !

Regards,
VB

On Tue, Oct 4, 2011 at 4:38 PM, Heikki Linnakangas <heikki.linnakangas@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
On 04.10.2011 13:50, Venkat Balaji wrote:
I have got a situation where in i see the production system is loaded with
the checkpoints and at-least 1000+ buffers are being written for every
checkpoint.

1000 buffers isn't very much, that's only 8 MB, so that's not alarming itself.

I am thinking of increasing the checkpoint_segments.

Below are our current settings -

checkpoint_segments = 8
checkpoint_timeout = 5 mins
checkpoint_completion_target = 0.5
bgwriter_delay = 200ms
bgwriter_lru_maxpages = 100
bgwriter_lru_multiplier = 2

Looking forward for suggestions.

Yep, increase checkpoint_segments. And you probably want to raise checkpoint_timeout too.

--
 Heikki Linnakangas
 EnterpriseDB   http://www.enterprisedb.com