PostgreSQL-9.0 Monitoring System to improve performance

От Venkat Balaji
Тема PostgreSQL-9.0 Monitoring System to improve performance
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Hello Everyone,

I am implementing a PostgreSQL performance monitoring system (to monitor the below) which would help us understand the database behavior -

1. Big Full Table Scans
2. Table with high IOs (hot tables)
3. Highly used Indexes
4. Tables undergoing high DMLs with index scans 0 (with unused indexes)
5. Index usage for heap blk hits
6. Tracking Checkpoints
7. Tracking CPU, IO and memory usage ( by PG processes ) -- desperately needed
8. Buffer cache usage
9. Tables, Indexes and Database growth statistics

and more..

I am struck at building a script or monitoring tool which gets us CPU usage, IO metrics and RAM usage of the database server.

Can someone please help me achieve this ?

I need to monitor a 12 processor system with 6 cores. I need to know how each CPU is performing.

Please help me know the availability of any open source monitoring tools or scripts for PG-9.0 on RHEL5.

I will hit back with questions regarding monitoring in coming days.

Thanks
VB

Сообщение: Re: : Tracking Full Table Scans
Сообщение: Re: : Tracking Full Table Scans