Re: Edit Data in Query Tool

От Rishi Ramraj
Тема Re: Edit Data in Query Tool
Дата
Список pgadmin-hackers
I believe the way this sort of thing is done in tools like SQL navigator is, only select queries on individual tables with primary keys are updatable. I'm not sure if this condition is sufficient for updatability however. The tool may also need to reissue the query (or modify it) in order to get primary keys.

Is there a branch I could look at that contains the sql parser?

On Mon, Jan 14, 2013 at 6:01 AM, Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org> wrote:
On Sun, Jan 13, 2013 at 7:12 PM, Rishi Ramraj
<thereisnocowlevel@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> How difficult would it be to include the edit data tool as part of the query
> tool's reporting panel? Ideally I would like to select from a table and then
> edit the results of that select directly; that would drastically improve my
> productivity.

Very difficult at the moment. We'd need a SQL parser in the client to
help try to figure out if the result of a query is something that may
be updatable. There is a patch to add a parsers in the works, but even
with that, it would still be very far from trivial.

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com

The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company