Re: Some pgAdmin bugs...

От Avin Kavish
Тема Re: Some pgAdmin bugs...
Дата
Re: Some pgAdmin bugs...  (Arni Kromić <arni.kromic@bios-ict.hr>)
Список pgadmin-support
Isn't there some internal uniqueness tracking mechanism? Object IDs or something?

On Tue., 10 Sep. 2019, 9:56 pm Dave Page, <dpage@pgadmin.org> wrote:

On Tue, Sep 10, 2019 at 9:24 AM Arni Kromić <arni.kromic@bios-ict.hr> wrote:
On 10/09/2019 14.42, richard coleman wrote:
Dave,

While I agree it's generally a good idea to have a primary key, the solution as currently implemented leaves the user unable to edit, or in this case to even add a record to table without one.  I would suggest either having pgAdmin4 compute some sort of an internal key for cases like this, or in the alternative disable those features (such as View/Edit) that have not been implemented for cases such as this.  Perhaps with a dialog informing the user that "Editing or adding data isn't supported on tables without a primary key".

rik.

I agree this is a corner case as mentioned. However, sometimes PK-s (or indexes) are simply not needed, say if the table is insert-only most of the time and its data gets dumped without any filters, and nothing ever needs to be deleted. I believe Inserts should also work from pgAdmin as they do from code.

So, should a issue be raised, or is it already decided this is a "wontfix"?

No, it's not decided. Feel free to add a feature request, but it's likely to be considered low priority.

--
Kind Regards,
Arni Kromić