'tuple concurrently updated' error when granting permissions

От Jason Daly
Тема 'tuple concurrently updated' error when granting permissions
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi,

I think the tuple it is referring to is the role.

Our app is multi-threaded, and it is very possible for more than one thread to be attempting to grant permissions to the same role at the same time. (the situation is that we are creating tables on the fly, and each time we create a new table we have to grant permissions to a role so it can read from it).

In my view, it is a bug that postgresql cannot handle multiple concurrent grants to a role.

We're using the latest version of postgresql (9.3) in the context of an AWS RDS.

Should I enter a bug report, or can someone convince me that we should single-thread this part of our app (or work around it somehow)?

-Jason