Re: encoding option when database backup

От Taek Oh
Тема Re: encoding option when database backup
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Thank you Rob for your response.

Unfortunately, the Encoding drop-down listbox does not exist for the pgadmin V8.
Therefore, I would like to seek a way to activate the listbox or select the encoding method during the Backup procedure.

Regards,

Taek

On Wed, Jan 3, 2024 at 4:19 PM rob stone <floriparob@tpg.com.au> wrote:

On Wed, 2024-01-03 at 15:59 +0900, Taek Oh wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I would like to make an inquiry regarding the encoding option for the
> database backup.
> When I was using the previous version of PGADMIN 4, I had a
> dropbar for the encoding format for the backup option.
> But I recently started using the latest version of PGADMIN 4(V8.1),
> and I realized that the dropbar for encoding format has disappeared
> as we can observe from the attached image.
> Are there any solutions where I can activate the encoding dropbar?
>
> Thank you in advance,
>
> Taek

See https://www.pgadmin.org/docs/pgadmin4/latest/backup_dialog.html
where it mentions:-

Use the Encoding drop-down listbox to select the character encoding
method that should be used for the archive.