Re: Why isn't Java support part of Postgresql core?

От Szymon Guz
Тема Re: Why isn't Java support part of Postgresql core?
Дата
Список pgsql-general

On 18 September 2014 18:54, John R Pierce <pierce@hogranch.com> wrote:
On 9/18/2014 9:07 AM, cowwoc wrote:
You are confusing a private JRE installation with the public JRE installation (yes, there is such a thing). The public JRE is found in java/jre8. The private JRE is found in java/jdk1.8.0_20/jre.

http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/jdk-8-readme-2095712.html#redistribution gives you permission to redistribute the JRE directory that ships inside each JDK installation. If you dig into jre/bin/server you will find jvm.dll.

ah, that I see... C:\Program Files\Java\jre7\bin\server\jvm.dll

for some reason I was thinking it needed {lib}jni.{so,dll}

Does it mean that there should be distributed many jvm.dlls for each of the jvm versions?

Szymon