Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: PL/Python: Convert numeric to Decimal

От Szymon Guz
Тема Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: PL/Python: Convert numeric to Decimal
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

On 6 July 2013 17:58, Claudio Freire <klaussfreire@gmail.com> wrote:
Look at that:

  return x
  $$ LANGUAGE plpythonu;
  SELECT * FROM test_type_conversion_numeric(100);
! INFO:  (Decimal('100'), 'Decimal')
  CONTEXT:  PL/Python function "test_type_conversion_numeric"
   test_type_conversion_numeric
  ------------------------------
--- 219,225 ----
  return x
  $$ LANGUAGE plpythonu;
  SELECT * FROM test_type_conversion_numeric(100);
! INFO:  (Decimal("100"), 'Decimal')
  CONTEXT:  PL/Python function "test_type_conversion_numeric"
   test_type_conversion_numeric
  ------------------------------

" instead of '

All the more reason to use as_tuple

On Sat, Jul 6, 2013 at 9:16 AM, Andrew Dunstan <andrew@dunslane.net> wrote:

> On 07/06/2013 01:52 AM, Claudio Freire wrote:

>>> Assorted buildfarm members don't like this patch.
>>

>> Do you have failure details?
>>
>> This is probably an attempt to operate decimals vs floats.
>>
>> Ie: Decimal('3.0') > 0 works, but Decimal('3.0') > 1.3 doesn't
>> (decimal is explicitly forbidden from operating on floats, some design
>> decision that can only be disabled in 3.3).
>>

> Instead of speculating, you can actually see for yourself. The dashboard is
> at <http://www.pgbuildfarm.org/cgi-bin/show_status.pl> Pick one of the
> machines failing at PLCheck-C and click its 'Details' link. Then scroll down
> a bit and you'll see what is failing.
>
> cheers
>
> andrew

Hi,
I've modifled the tests to check the numeric->decimal conversion some other way. They check now conversion to float/int and to string, and also tuple values.

I've checked that on decimal and cdecimal on python 2.7 and 3.3. The outputs are the same regardles the Python and decimal versions.

thanks,
Szymon
Вложения