Re: [HACKERS] No-op case in ExecEvalConvertRowtype

От Ashutosh Bapat
Тема Re: [HACKERS] No-op case in ExecEvalConvertRowtype
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Apr 7, 2017 at 5:06 AM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> So I now think it's okay to remove consideration of matching the target
> rowtype OID from the tupconvert.c functions, although we have to realize
> that that is effectively an API change for them, one which has a definite
> potential for biting third-party callers.

While I agree that we can remove indesc->tdtypeid ==
outdesc->tdtypeid, I am not sure whether it should be replaced by
!indesc->tdhasoid && !outdesc->tdhasoid. If that's required, it seems
to be a bug that needs to be fixed in earlier braches as well.

--
Best Wishes,
Ashutosh Bapat