Re: postgres_fdw join pushdown (was Re: Custom/Foreign-Join-APIs)

От Ashutosh Bapat
Тема Re: postgres_fdw join pushdown (was Re: Custom/Foreign-Join-APIs)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

On Sun, Feb 7, 2016 at 9:09 AM, Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:
On Sat, Feb 6, 2016 at 12:46 AM, Ashutosh Bapat
<ashutosh.bapat@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
> Here it is rebased. Thanks for the pgindent run and committing core changes.
> I have to manage only one patch now :)
>
> pgindent is giving trouble with following two comments
>
> 2213             /* Run time cost includes:
> 2214              * 1. Run time cost (total_cost - startup_cost) of
> relations being
> 2215              *    joined
> 2216              * 2. Run time cost of applying join clauses on the cross
> product of
> 2217              *    the joining relations.
> 2218              * 3. Run time cost of applying pushed down other clauses
> on the
> 2219              *    result of join
> 2220              * 4. Run time cost of applying nonpushable other clauses
> locally
> 2221              *    on the result fetched from the foreign server.
> 2222              */
>
> which I want itemized with each item starting on separate line. pgindent
> just bunches everything together.

The thing to do here is leave a blank line between each one.  You can
also put a line of dashes before and after the comment (see many
examples elsewhere in the source tree) to force pgindent to leave that
section completely untouched, but I think that this sort of list looks
better with blank lines anyway, so I'd go for that solution.

> 1159         /*
> 1160          * For a join relation FROM clause entry is deparsed as
> 1161          * ((outer relation) <join type> (inner relation) ON
> (joinclauses)
> 1162          */
> where I want the second line as a separate line, but pgindent puts those two
> line together breaking the continuity of second line content.
>
> How do I make pgindent respect those changes as they are?

Same idea here.

Thanks a lot for the trick. Attached patch with the comments fixed.

--
Best Wishes,
Ashutosh Bapat