Re: Push down more full joins in postgres_fdw

От Ashutosh Bapat
Тема Re: Push down more full joins in postgres_fdw
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Sep 27, 2016 at 8:48 AM, Etsuro Fujita
<fujita.etsuro@lab.ntt.co.jp> wrote:
> On 2016/09/26 20:20, Ashutosh Bapat wrote:
>>
>> On Mon, Sep 26, 2016 at 4:06 PM, Etsuro Fujita
>> <fujita.etsuro@lab.ntt.co.jp> wrote:

>>> That's right, but we still store the joinrel into join_rel_list after
>>> creating that hash table.
>

>> As the list grows, it will take
>> longer to locate the RelOptInfo of the given join. Doing that for
>> creating an alias seems an overkill.
>

> The join rel is appended to the end of the list, so I was thinking to get
> the position info by list_length during postgresGetForeignJoinPaths.

That's true only when the paths are being added to a newly created
joinrel. But that's not true always. We may add paths with different
joining order to an existing joinrel, in which case list_length would
not give its position. Am I missing something?

--
Best Wishes,
Ashutosh Bapat