Re: [HACKERS] PG10 Partitioned tables and relation_is_updatable()

От Ashutosh Bapat
Тема Re: [HACKERS] PG10 Partitioned tables and relation_is_updatable()
Дата
Re: [HACKERS] PG10 Partitioned tables and relation_is_updatable()  (Dean Rasheed <dean.a.rasheed@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Jun 13, 2017 at 12:03 AM, Dean Rasheed <dean.a.rasheed@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 12 June 2017 at 17:51, Joe Conway <mail@joeconway.com> wrote:
>>>>
>>> I have not looked at Ashutosh's patch yet, but it sounds like a good
>>> idea to me.
>>
>> After looking I remain convinced - +1 in general.
>>

> Yes, I think this will probably help, but I worry that it will turn
> into quite a large and invasive patch, and there are a number of
> design choices to be made over the naming and precise set of macros.
> Is this really PG10 material?

No this is not for PG10.

> My initial thought, looking at the patch, is that it might be better
> to have all the macros in one file to make them easier to maintain.

Right now the macros are listed just below relkind enum in pg_class.h.
Is that a good place or do you think, we should list them in a
separate file?

> Barring objections, I'll push my original patch and work up patches
> for the other couple of issues I found.

No objections, the patch is good to go as is. Sorry for high-jacking
this thread.

--
Best Wishes,
Ashutosh Bapat