Re: partition tree inspection functions

От Ashutosh Bapat
Тема Re: partition tree inspection functions
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Jun 28, 2018 at 11:19 AM, Amit Langote
<Langote_Amit_f8@lab.ntt.co.jp> wrote:

>> It would have imagined that just creating a new file, say
>> partition_desc.sql or similar is nicer.
>
> How about partition_info.sql because they're testing partitioning
> information functions?  partition_desc reminded me of PartitionDesc, an
> internal structure used in the partitioning codem which made me a bit
> uncomfortable.

I think we should just add calls to these functions/views wherever we
are creating/altering or deleting objects to test a partition tree. I
serves two purposes, testing the objects created/modified and testing
the functions. Adding a new test file means we have to craft new
objects, which are sometimes readily available in some other test
files. Of course, we might find that certain cases are not covered by
existing tests, but then that also means that those cases are not
covered by object modification/creation tests as well.

--
Best Wishes,
Ashutosh Bapat