Re: [HACKERS] Partition-wise join for join between (declaratively)partitioned tables

От Ashutosh Bapat
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Partition-wise join for join between (declaratively)partitioned tables
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Dec 22, 2017 at 3:00 PM, Rajkumar Raghuwanshi
<rajkumar.raghuwanshi@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 20, 2017 at 5:21 PM, Ashutosh Bapat
> <ashutosh.bapat@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
>>
>> Thanks. Here are some comments
>>
> Thanks Ashutosh for review and suggestions.
>

>> +-- test default partition behavior for range
>> +ALTER TABLE prt1 DETACH PARTITION prt1_p3;
>> +ALTER TABLE prt1 ATTACH PARTITION prt1_p3 DEFAULT;
>> +ALTER TABLE prt2 DETACH PARTITION prt2_p3;
>> +ALTER TABLE prt2 ATTACH PARTITION prt2_p3 DEFAULT;
>>
>> I think we need an ANALYZE here in case the statistics gets updated while
>> DETACH and ATTACH is going on. Other testcases also need to be updated
>> with
>> ANALYZE, including the negative one.
>
> Done.
>

>> +-- partition-wise join can not be applied if the only one of joining
>> table have
>>
>> Correction: ... if only one of the joining tables has ...
>
> Done.
>

>> Please add the patch to the next commitfest so that it's not
>> forgotten.
>
> Done.
> Added to CF: https://commitfest.postgresql.org/16/1426/
>

>> I think we can get rid of the multi-level partition-wise
>> testcase as well. Also, since we are re-attaching existing partition
>> tables as default partitions, we don't need to check the output as
>> well; just plan should be enough.
>
> Ok. Done.
>
> updated test patch attached.

The patch looks good to me. I don't think we can reduce it further.
But we need some tests to test PWJ with default partitions. Marking
this as ready for committer.

--
Best Wishes,
Ashutosh Bapat