Re: Remove mention in docs that foreign keys on partitioned tablesare not supported

От Ashutosh Bapat
Тема Re: Remove mention in docs that foreign keys on partitioned tablesare not supported
Дата
Re: Remove mention in docs that foreign keys on partitioned tablesare not supported  (Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Jun 5, 2018 at 10:38 PM, Alvaro Herrera
<alvherre@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:

>  - BEFORE row triggers are not supported

I think this is fine. The existing wording suggests that the user
creates the triggers on the partitioned table, and that will be
supported always, which can lead to problems. With this description,
if the user finds out that BEFORE triggers are supported on partitions
and creates those, and we implement something to support those on
partitioned table, s/he will have to change the implementation
accordingly.

--
Best Wishes,
Ashutosh Bapat