Re: why partition pruning doesn't work?

От Ashutosh Bapat
Тема Re: why partition pruning doesn't work?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Jun 12, 2018 at 3:54 AM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:

> Not sure about a good fix for this.  It seems annoying to copy the
> rel's whole partkey data structure into query-local storage, but
> I'm not sure we have any choice.  On the bright side, there might
> be an opportunity to get rid of repeated runtime fmgr_info lookups
> in cross-type comparison situations.

We already do that while building part_scheme. So, if we are in
planner, it's readily available through RelOptInfo. If we need it in
the executor, we need to pass it down from RelOptInfo into one of the
execution states. I haven't looked at the patch to exactly figure out
which of these is true.

--
Best Wishes,
Ashutosh Bapat