Re: [HACKERS] pg_waldump command line arguments

От Ashutosh Bapat
Тема Re: [HACKERS] pg_waldump command line arguments
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Jun 16, 2017 at 2:38 AM, Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:

> A slightly broader concern is whether we need to require the start
> position at all.  It seems like one could locate the WAL directory
> using the existing logic, then search for the earliest file.  It might
> be a little unclear what "earliest" means when multiple timelines are
> present, but I bet we could come up with some behavior that would be
> convenient for most users.

We already have some default behaviour defined
--
-t timeline
--timeline=timeline

Timeline from which to read log records. The default is to use the
value in startseg, if that is specified; otherwise, the default is 1.
--

So, if startseg is not provided, choose the earliest file in the
default timeline (given by -t 1 when specified).

> It would be quite handy to be able to run
> this without arguments (or just with -z) and have it process all the
> WAL files that you've got on hand.

+1.

--
Best Wishes,