Re: [HACKERS] remove unnecessary flag has_null from PartitionBoundInfoData

От Ashutosh Bapat
Тема Re: [HACKERS] remove unnecessary flag has_null from PartitionBoundInfoData
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Jun 12, 2017 at 3:50 PM, amul sul <sulamul@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, May 17, 2017 at 10:22 PM, Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:
> [...]
>> I committed this with fixes for those issues, plus I renamed the macro
>> to partition_bound_accepts_nulls, which I think is more clear.
>>
> partition_bound_accepts_nulls() will alway yield true for a range
> partitioning case, because in RelationBuildPartitionDesc, we forgot to
> set boundinfo->null_index to -1.
>
> The attached patch fixes that.

Right now, the partition_bound_accepts_nulls() has two callers viz.
check_new_partition_bound() and get_partition_for_tuple(). Both of
those callers are calling it only in case of LIST partition. So,
having null_index uninitialized in PartitionBoundInfoData is not a
problem. But in general, we shouldn't leave a field uninitialized in
that structure, so +1 for the patch.

--
Best Wishes,
Ashutosh Bapat

Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Re: Alter subscription..SET - NOTICE message is comingfor table which is already removed
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Re: Alter subscription..SET - NOTICE message is comingfor table which is already removed