Re: [HACKERS] expanding inheritance in partition bound order

От Ashutosh Bapat
Тема Re: [HACKERS] expanding inheritance in partition bound order
Дата
Re: [HACKERS] expanding inheritance in partition bound order  (Amit Langote <Langote_Amit_f8@lab.ntt.co.jp>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Aug 17, 2017 at 12:59 PM, Amit Langote
<Langote_Amit_f8@lab.ntt.co.jp> wrote:

> Attached rest of the patches.  0001 has changes per Ashutosh's review
> comments [2]:
>
> 0001: Relieve RelationGetPartitionDispatchInfo() of doing any locking

[2] had a patch with some changes to the original patch you posted. I
didn't describe those changes in my mail, since they rearranged the
comments. Those changes are not part of this patch and you haven't
comments about those changes as well. If you have intentionally
excluded those changes, it's fine. In case, you haven't reviewed them,
please see if they are good to be incorporated.

> 0002: Teach expand_inherited_rtentry to use partition bound order

0004 in [1] expands a multi-level partition hierarchy into similar
inheritance hierarchy. That patch doesn't need all OIDs in one go. It
will have to handle the partition hierarchy level by level, so most of
the code added by this patch will need to be changed by that patch. Is
there a way we can somehow change this patch so that the delta in 0004
is reduced? That may need rethinking about using
RelationGetPartitionDispatchInfo().

[1] https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CAFjFpRfkr7igCGBBWH1PQ__W-XPy1O79Y-qxCmJc6FizLqFz7Q@mail.gmail.com
[2] https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CAFjFpRdXn7w7nVKv4qN9fa%2BtzRi_mJFNCsBWy%3Dbd0SLbYczUfA%40mail.gmail.com

--