Re: postgres_fdw : altering foreign table not invalidating prepare statement execution plan.

От Ashutosh Bapat
Тема Re: postgres_fdw : altering foreign table not invalidating prepare statement execution plan.
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

> That leaves the question of whether it's worth detecting table-level
> option changes this way, or whether we should just handle those by forcing
> a relcache inval in ATExecGenericOptions, as in Amit's original patch in
> <5702298D.4090903@lab.ntt.co.jp>.  I kind of like that approach; that
> patch was short and sweet, and it put the cost on the unusual path (ALTER
> TABLE) not the common path (every time we create a query plan).

You seemed not sure about this solution per [1]. Do you think we
should add similar cache invalidation when foreign server and FDW
options are modified?

> That leaves not much of this patch :-( though maybe we could salvage some
> of the test cases.

If that's the best way, we can add testcases to that patch.

[1] https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/29681.1459779873@sss.pgh.pa.us

--
Best Wishes,
Ashutosh Bapat