Re: Custom/Foreign-Join-APIs (Re: [v9.5] Custom Plan API)

От Ashutosh Bapat
Тема Re: Custom/Foreign-Join-APIs (Re: [v9.5] Custom Plan API)
Дата
Re: Custom/Foreign-Join-APIs (Re: [v9.5] Custom Plan API)  (Shigeru HANADA <shigeru.hanada@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers

On Wed, Mar 25, 2015 at 3:14 PM, Shigeru HANADA <shigeru.hanada@gmail.com> wrote:

Or bottom of make_join_rel().  IMO build_join_rel() is responsible for just building (or searching from a list) a RelOptInfo for given relids.  After that make_join_rel() calls add_paths_to_joinrel() with appropriate arguments per join type to generate actual Paths implements the join.  make_join_rel() is called only once for particular relid combination, and there SpecialJoinInfo and restrictlist (conditions specified in JOIN-ON and WHERE), so it seems promising for FDW cases.

I like that idea, but I think we will have complex hook signature, it won't remain as simple as hook (root, joinrel).

--
Best Wishes,
Ashutosh Bapat

Сообщение: Re: Custom/Foreign-Join-APIs (Re: [v9.5] Custom Plan API)
Сообщение: Re: Custom/Foreign-Join-APIs (Re: [v9.5] Custom Plan API)