Re: The max value of autovacuum_vacuum/analyze_scale_factor.

От Ashutosh Bapat
Тема Re: The max value of autovacuum_vacuum/analyze_scale_factor.
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Dec 5, 2016 at 4:44 PM, Masahiko Sawada <sawada.mshk@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Is there any reason why the max values of
> autovacuum_vacuum/analyze_scale_factor are 100.0? These max values are
> defined since when the parameters has been introduced but I think that
> 1.0 is enough.

Yes, at least from
https://www.postgresql.org/docs/devel/static/runtime-config-autovacuum.html,
it looks like this is supposed to be a "fraction of table size".
anything higher than 1.0 isn't a fraction. If at all any value > 1.0
has a meaning, I am wondering whether it's to account for bloat. But
then who would want to place the threashold in bloated area.

--
Best Wishes,
Ashutosh Bapat