Re: constraint exclusion and nulls in IN (..) clause

От Ashutosh Bapat
Тема Re: constraint exclusion and nulls in IN (..) clause
Дата
Re: constraint exclusion and nulls in IN (..) clause
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Feb 1, 2018 at 2:23 PM, Amit Langote
<Langote_Amit_f8@lab.ntt.co.jp> wrote:

> Yeah, the patch in its current form is wrong, because it will give wrong
> answers if the operator being used in a SAOP is non-strict.  I modified
> the patch to consider operator strictness before doing anything with nulls.

That's fine, but I am not sure whether this fits constraint
exclusion's charter. Please add this patch to the next commitfest so
that we can have a better opinion.

--
Best Wishes,
Ashutosh Bapat