Re: [HACKERS] Partition-wise join for join between (declaratively)partitioned tables

От Ashutosh Bapat
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Partition-wise join for join between (declaratively)partitioned tables
Дата
Re: [HACKERS] Partition-wise join for join between (declaratively)partitioned tables  (Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Sep 21, 2017 at 9:12 AM, Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 19, 2017 at 5:47 AM, Ashutosh Bapat
> <ashutosh.bapat@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
>> Done.
>
> Committed 0001 with extensive editorialization.  I did not think it
> was a good idea to include a partition.h a file in src/include/nodes,
> so I worked around that.  The include of pg_inherits_fn.h was
> unneeded.  I rewrote a lot of the comments and made some other style
> tweaks.

Thanks a lot Robert. Thanks for changing comments to be more precise and crisp.

Here's set of rebased patches. The patch with extra tests is not for
committing. All other patches, except the last one, will need to be
committed together. The last patch may be committed along with other
patches or as a separate patch.

About your earlier comment of making build_joinrel_partition_info()
simpler. Right now, the code assumes that partexprs or
nullable_partexpr can be NULL when either of them is not populated.
That may be saves a sizeof(pointer) * (number of keys) byes of memory.
Saving that much memory may not be worth the complexity of code. So,
we may always allocate memory for those arrays and fill it with NIL
values when there are no key expressions to populate those. That will
simplify the code. I haven't done that change in this patchset. I was
busy debugging the Q7 regression. Let me know your comments about
that.

--
Best Wishes,
Ashutosh Bapat