Re: BUG #16492: DROP VIEW IF EXISTS error

От Pavel Stehule
Тема Re: BUG #16492: DROP VIEW IF EXISTS error
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs

so 13. 6. 2020 v 13:41 odesílatel Nina Marlow <postgresql.2020@t-net.ruhr> napsal:
> DROP TABLE IF EXISTS and DROP TABLE are consistent now. The message is
> ""xxx" is not a view", it is not ""xxx" doesn't exist".

Yes, but according to the documentation, there shouldn't be an error at all ("Do not throw an error if the *view* does not exist."). It doesn't say, "do not throw an error if the *object* does not exist", but "if the *view* does not exist". This is very clear to me.

So it's either a documentation error or a code error. It cannot be none.

 I prefer to fix the documentation. Current behavior looks a little bit more practical and a little bit more safe, although I can understand very well the different opinion.