Re: Disk I/O Question

От Pavel Stehule
Тема Re: Disk I/O Question
Дата
Список pgsql-general

Hello - I am new to this forum and know nothing about PostgreSQL. I have
managed Microsoft SQL for 15 years (I know ....)

We have a third party application that uses PostgreSQL for the database
engine. Performance writing to our Dell Compellent SAN is lacking.

What I've read about PostgreSQL is that it's a single-thread disk I/O system
where only one read/write operation executes at a time.

it is 100% isn't true - any client can read data, writer/wal-writer, autovacum can write

Regards

Pavel

Can you tell me if this is correct?

Thanks!!