Re: Missing can't-assign-to-constant checks in plpgsql

От Pavel Stehule
Тема Re: Missing can't-assign-to-constant checks in plpgsql
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi

Regardless of which way we handle that point, I'm inclined to
change this only in HEAD.  Probably people wouldn't thank us
for making the back branches more strict.

+1

I can implement these checks in plpgsql_check. So possible issues can be detected and fixed on older versions by using plpgsql_check.

new related checks are implemented on plpgsql_check 2.1.4

Regards

Pavel

Regards

Pavel

                        regards, tom lane

PS: I didn't do it here, but I'm kind of tempted to pull out
all the cursor-related tests in plpgsql.sql and move them to
a new test file under src/pl/plpgsql/src/sql/.  They look
pretty self-contained, and I doubt they're worth keeping in
the core tests.