Re: VIP: new format for psql - shell - simple using psql in shell

От Pavel Stehule
Тема Re: VIP: new format for psql - shell - simple using psql in shell
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
2012/5/26 Jan-Benedict Glaw <jbglaw@lug-owl.de>:
> Hi!
>
> On Sat, 2012-05-26 17:39:23 +0200, Pavel Stehule <pavel.stehule@gmail.com> wrote:
>> postgres=# select * from foo;
> [...]
>> postgres=# \pset format shell
>> Output format is shell.
>> postgres=# select * from foo;
>> a b c
>> Hello,\ World 10 2012-05-26
>> Ahoj,\ Svete 20 2012-06-15
> [...]
>
> I like that idea!  Up to now, I basically used IFS='|' with
> tuples-only, but it's not clean wrt. '\n' within the data.
>
> I didn't check your patch if it gets this "right", but if it does, it
> would ease daily work (where I check for '\n' in the data beforehand
> and abort...)

please, test it. I am long time bash user, but my knowledge is not too
strong, and any second ayes are welcome.

Regards

Pavel

> MfG, JBG
>
> --
>      Jan-Benedict Glaw      jbglaw@lug-owl.de              +49-172-7608481
> Signature of:              Fortschritt bedeutet, einen Schritt so zu machen,
> the second  :                   daß man den nächsten auch noch machen kann.

Сообщение: Re: VIP: new format for psql - shell - simple using psql in shell
Сообщение: Re: VIP: new format for psql - shell - simple using psql in shell