Re: On login trigger: take three

От Pavel Stehule
Тема Re: On login trigger: take three
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

ne 15. 1. 2023 v 7:32 odesílatel Pavel Stehule <pavel.stehule@gmail.com> napsal:
Hi

On Thu, Jan 12, 2023 at 9:51 AM Pavel Stehule <pavel.stehule@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi

I checked this patch and it looks well. All tests passed. Together with https://commitfest.postgresql.org/41/4013/ it can be a good feature.

I re-tested impact on performance and for the worst case looks like less than 1% (0.8%). I think it is acceptable. Tested pgbench scenario "SELECT 1"

pgbench -f ~/test.sql -C -c 3 -j 5 -T 100 -P10 postgres

733 tps (master), 727 tps (patched).

I think raising an exception inside should be better tested - not it is only in 001_stream_rep.pl - generally more tests are welcome - there are no tested handling exceptions.

Thank you

check-world passed without problems
build doc passed without problems
I think so tests are now enough

I'll mark this patch as ready for committer

Unfortunately, I  forgot one important point. There are not any tests related to backup.

I miss pg_dump related tests.

I mark this patch as waiting on the author.

Regards

Pavel

Regards

Pavel