Re: proposal: plpgsql - Assert statement

От Pavel Stehule
Тема Re: proposal: plpgsql - Assert statement
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

Pavel Stehule wrote:
> Hi
>
> any comments to last proposal and patch?

WTH is that pstrdup("hint is null") thing?  Debugging leftover?

No, only not well error message. I propose a syntax ASSERT boolean_expression [, text expression ] -- text expression is >>hint<< for assertion debugging

This text expression should not be null when it is used. I am not sure, what is well behave - so when assertions fails and text expression is null, then I use message "hint is null" as hint.

Regards

Pavel

--
Álvaro Herrera                http://www.2ndQuadrant.com/