Re: psql: add \create_function command

От Pavel Stehule
Тема Re: psql: add \create_function command
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

pá 26. 1. 2024 v 21:04 odesílatel Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> napsal:
> but why you need to do in psql? - you can prepare content outside and
> execute just like echo "CREATE FUNCTION ...." | psql

The bit that's probably hard if you're trying to do this in a shell
script is "quote this data as a SQL string literal".  psql can get
that right even in the face of encoding considerations,
standard_conforming_strings, etc.  Not sure you can build a
fully bulletproof solution outside.

I don't know, maybe I have a problem with the described use case. I cannot imagine holding the body and head of PL routines in different places and I don't understand the necessity to join it.

On second hand, few years ago (if I remember well, I proposed some like `:{file}`. I don't remember the syntax. But it was not finished, and then I wrote

The possibility for some simple import external data can be nice

Сообщение: Re: psql: add \create_function command
Сообщение: Re: psql: add \create_function command