Re: [HACKERS] Packages: Again

От Pavel Stehule
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Packages: Again
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

> On Jan 13, 2017, at 11:11 AM, Pavel Stehule <pavel.stehule@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> With Postgres we should to think much more about other PL - there is not only PL/pgSQL. So any what we create should be available for any PL. Our PLpgSQL is based on total different technology design - so some benefits of sharing compiled code across databases has not too value in Postgres.
Let me stress one last point:
MODULE’s are 100% orthogonal to PLpgSQL as implement by SFDC and also orthogonal to SQL PL as implemented by DB2.
Modules can (and do for us) contain C-functions of example.
Similarly when the community provides provides server side session variables I have no doubt they will integrate with MODULE’s with very little work.

It’s a DDL and name resolution game, predominantly

show patch and show a advantages against schema, please.

Regards

Pavel

Cheers
Serge