Re: BUG #16116: function lpad(integer, integer, integer) does not exist

От Pavel Stehule
Тема Re: BUG #16116: function lpad(integer, integer, integer) does not exist
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Hi

pá 15. 11. 2019 v 7:15 odesílatel PG Bug reporting form <noreply@postgresql.org> napsal:

Bug reference:      16116
Logged by:          vijay ingle
Email address:      vjingle143@gmail.com
PostgreSQL version: 11.4
Operating system:   Linux

Hi,
We are getting an error function lpad does not exists.
I had created one project on community version (PostgreSQL 11.4 on
x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, compiled by gcc (GCC) 4.8.5 20150623 (Red Hat
4.8.5-36), 64-bit) which is successfully running , all procedures and
functions run successfully.
Now i had created one more project having same version on same server also
and migrated all source code of my existing project including (tables, seq,
index, procedure, functions) means created replica of existing project but
whenever i tired to run my procedure then getting an error.

What I know, the lpad function newer exists for int type. So if it exists somewhere, probably it is user function, or there was allowed implicit casting from int to text

If you want to use buildin function, you should to use explicit casts (or install orafce extension, that supports it)

postgres=# select lpad(10::text, 10, 0::text);
│    lpad    │
│ 0000000010 │
(1 row)

Regards