Re: [HACKERS] Tuple sort is broken. It crashes on simple test.

От Pavel Stehule
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Tuple sort is broken. It crashes on simple test.
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

On Mon, Jan 16, 2017 at 3:48 AM, Michael Paquier
<michael.paquier@gmail.com> wrote:
> Indeed. It crashes for me immediately by adding an ORDER BY:
> select count(distinct t) from seq_tab order by 1;

The problem was that one particular call to the macro
RELEASE_SLAB_SLOT() happened to lack a test-for-NULL-argument needed
by pass-by-value datum cases. The other two RELEASE_SLAB_SLOT() calls
already have such a check.

Attached patch fixes the bug.

Should not be enhanced regress tests too?

Regards

Pavel

--
Peter Geoghegan