Re: bugfix: BUG #15477: Procedure call with named inout refcursorparameter - "invalid input syntax for type boolean"

От Pavel Stehule
Тема Re: bugfix: BUG #15477: Procedure call with named inout refcursorparameter - "invalid input syntax for type boolean"
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi

so 3. 11. 2018 v 22:47 odesílatel Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> napsal:
I wrote:
> I'm going to go see about converting this to just call
> expand_function_arguments and then drop all the special-case code.

So while looking at that ... isn't the behavior for non-writable output
parameters basically insane?  It certainly fails to accord with the
plpgsql documentation, which shows an example that would throw an error:

        CREATE PROCEDURE triple(INOUT x int)
        CALL triple(5);

It's even weirder that you can get away with not supplying a writable
target value for an output argument so long as it has a default.

I think the behavior here ought to be "if the actual argument is a plpgsql
variable, assign the output back to it, otherwise do nothing".  That's
much closer to the behavior of OUT arguments in other old-school
programming languages.

I don't agree. The constant can be used only for IN parameter. Safe languages like Ada does copy result to variable used as INOUT parameter. PL/SQL doesn't allow it too.

The implemented limit can be good detection of passing parameters in bad order.

Regards

Pavel