Re: How to unnest an array with element indexes

От Pavel Stehule
Тема Re: How to unnest an array with element indexes
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
Hello

Simple plpgsql function can helps

create or replace function unnest_rownum(anyarray)
returns table (id int, element anyelement) as $$
  begin id := 1;
    foreach element in array $1 loop
      return next;
      id := id + 1;
    end loop;
    return;
end $$ language plpgsql;

postgres=# select * from unnest_rownum(ARRAY[1,1,2,3,4,1,2,7]);
 id | element
----+---------
  1 |       1
  2 |       1
  3 |       2
  4 |       3
  5 |       4
  6 |       1
  7 |       2
  8 |       7
(8 rows)

postgres=# select * from unnest_rownum(ARRAY['A','B','C']);
 id | element
----+---------
  1 | A
  2 | B
  3 | C
(3 rows)

Regards

Pavel

David,

The array stores a time series of values for consecutive days. All I need is
take an array such as ARRAY[1.1,1.2] and return to the client the following

series_start_date + (array_index-1), array_value

Based on what you are saying, the following should do it:

with pivoted_array AS(
select unnest(ARRAY[1.1,1.2])
),
indexed_array AS(
select
        row_number()OVER() AS element_index,
        unnest as element_value
from pivoted_array)
SELECT
        (DATE '2014-02-19' + INTERVAL '1d'*(element_index-1)) AS
series_date,
        element_value AS series_value
FROM indexed_array

Can you confirm that this behavior is guaranteed and documented. I could not
find it in the docs.