Re: Bytea PL/Perl transform

От Pavel Stehule
Тема Re: Bytea PL/Perl transform
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

út 27. 2. 2024 v 21:03 odesílatel Alexander Korotkov <aekorotkov@gmail.com> napsal:
Hi!

On Tue, Jan 30, 2024 at 8:46 PM Pavel Stehule <pavel.stehule@gmail.com> wrote:
> I marked this patch as ready for committer.

The last version of the patch still provides transform for builtin
type in a separate extension.  As discussed upthread such transforms
don't need separate extensions, and could be provided as part of
upgrades of existing extensions.  There is probably no consensus yet
on what to do with existing extensions like jsonb_plperl and
jsonb_plpython, but we clearly shouldn't spread such cases.

+1

Pavel

------
Regards,