Re: Adding German Character Set to PostgresSQL

От Pavel Stehule
Тема Re: Adding German Character Set to PostgresSQL
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hello

2012/1/2 Hagen Finley <finhagen@comcast.net>:
> Thanks Adrian,
>

> Looks like I am currently using UTF8:
>

> gpdemo=# \encoding
>
> UTF8
>

> And it looks like UTF8 doesn’t include the German characters I seek. Can
> someone explain how I can switch to 0000-0FFF which looks like the Basic
> Multilingual Plane Unicode which does include the characters I want?

I am sure so it has

postgres=# create table xx(a text);
ERROR:  relation "xx" already exists
postgres=# create table x(a text);
CREATE TABLE
postgres=# insert into x values('ä,ß,ö');
INSERT 0 1
postgres=# select * from x;
-------
 ä,ß,ö
(1 row)

postgres=# \encoding
UTF8
postgres=#

Windows console doesn't work well with UTF8 - use pgAdmin there

regards

Pavel Stehule

> Hagen

Сообщение: Re: Adding German Character Set to PostgresSQL
Сообщение: Re: Adding German Character Set to PostgresSQL