Re: proposal \gcsv

От Pavel Stehule
Тема Re: proposal \gcsv
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

út 7. 4. 2020 v 2:28 odesílatel Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> napsal:
Here's a WIP patch for the parenthesized-options route.

I realized that if we make the options be single words in the form
name=value, we can easily handle the shortcut forms with no value.
So that's what this does.

What this does *not* do is offer any solution to the question of
how to put a right paren as the last character of a pset option
value.  I don't really see any easy way to handle that, but maybe
we can punt for now.

Also no docs or test cases, but I see no point in putting effort into
that in advance of consensus that this is what we want.

0001 is some save/restore infrastructure that we'd need for pretty
much all of the proposals on the table, and then 0002 improves the
command itself.

looks well

just note to syntax

your patch supports syntax

(option1=value option2=value)

It looks little bit inconsistent and unusual

should be better comma separated list?

(option1=value, option2=value)

Regards

Pavel