Re: A question about PL/pgSQL DECLAREd variable behavior

От Pavel Stehule
Тема Re: A question about PL/pgSQL DECLAREd variable behavior
Дата
Список pgsql-general

On 10/22/15 8:52 PM, Dane Foster wrote:
It just occurred to me that another option, for my specific example,
would be to record/cache FOUND instead of testing the RECORD variable
for its NULLness. Unless of course assigning FOUND to a variable is a
pass-by-reference assignment, which in the actual code that I'm writing
would be problematic because FOUND is set many times because there are
at least 4 SQL commands that my function executes.

AFAIK, functions don't really do pass by reference, except for INOUT parameters. In any case, FOUND is definitely reset when you do things like SELECT INTO.

Anytime parameters are passed by value. OUT variables are emulated via dynamic composite types. After execution of any SQL statement is FOUND variable refreshed.

Regards

Pavel