Re: errbacktrace

От Pavel Stehule
Тема Re: errbacktrace
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi

so I agree with unconditionally defining that symbol.

Nitpicking dept: I think in these tests:

+   if (!edata->backtrace &&
+       edata->funcname &&
+       backtrace_function[0] &&
+       strcmp(backtrace_function, edata->funcname) == 0)
+       set_backtrace(edata, 2);

If I understand well, backtrace is displayed only when edata->funcname is same like backtrace_function GUC. Isn't it too strong limit?

For example, I want to see backtrace for all PANIC level errors on production, and I would not to limit the source function?

Regards

Pavel

we should test for backtrace_function[0] before edata->funcname, since
it seems more likely to be unset.

--
Álvaro Herrera                https://www.2ndQuadrant.com/