Re: pg_upgrade on high number tables database issues

От Pavel Stehule
Тема Re: pg_upgrade on high number tables database issues
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

> There were several bottlenecks in this area removed in 9.2 and 9.3.
> Unfortunately the worst of those bottlenecks were in the server, so they depend
> on what database you are upgrading from, and so won't help you much upgrading
> from 9.1.

Yes, I assume 9.3 will be much better, though Jeff is right that if it
is pg_dump locking that is hurting you, you  might not see a win even in
9.3.

I'll see it next year when we plan to migrate to 9.4

I though so some form of "superlock" can be interesting, because nobody can work with database when it is upgraded.

Regards

Pavel

--
  Bruce Momjian  <bruce@momjian.us>        http://momjian.us