Re: Schema variables - new implementation for Postgres 15

От Pavel Stehule
Тема Re: Schema variables - new implementation for Postgres 15
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

Hi

A bit more work seems to be needed for deparsing session variables:

# create variable myvar text;
CREATE VARIABLE

# create view myview as select myvar;
CREATE VIEW

# \d+ myview
                          View "public.myview"
 Column | Type | Collation | Nullable | Default | Storage  | Description
--------+------+-----------+----------+---------+----------+-------------
 myvar  | text |           |          |         | extended |
View definition:
 SELECT myvar AS myvar;

There shouldn't be an explicit alias I think.

I check this issue, and I afraid so it is not fixable. The target list entry related to session variable has not some magic value like ?column? that can be used for check if tle->resname is implicit or explicit

And in this time I cannot to use FigureColname because it doesn't work with transformed nodes. More - the Param node can be nested in SubscriptingRef or FieldSelect. It doesn't work perfectly now. See following example:

create type xt as (a int, b int);
create view b as select (10, ((random()*100)::int)::xt).b;
\d+ b
SELECT (ROW(10, (random() * 100::double precision)::integer)::xt).b AS b;

Regards

Pavel