Re: proposal - function string_to_table

От Pavel Stehule
Тема Re: proposal - function string_to_table
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

po 24. 8. 2020 v 4:19 odesílatel Peter Smith <smithpb2250@gmail.com> napsal:
I have re-checked the string_to_table_20200821.patch.

Below is one remaining problem.

====

COMMENT (help text)

+        Splits the <parameter>string</parameter> at occurrences
+        of <parameter>delimiter</parameter> and forms the remaining data
+        into a table with one <type>text</type> type column.
+        each character in the <parameter>string</parameter> will become a
+        separate element in the array.

Seems like here is a cut/paste error from the string_to_array help text.

"separate element in the array" should say "separate row of the table"

fixed

====

>>> Maybe a different choice of function name would be more consistent
>>> with what is already there?
>>> e.g.  split_to_table, string_split_to_table, etc.
>>
>> I don't agree. This function is twin (with almost identical behaviour) for "string_to_array" function, so I think so the name is correct.

OK

====

please, check attached patch

Regards